Requests and reminders:
- You are invited to Reception class assembly on Friday 31st January at 9.15 am. Please come and watch and then come back to the classroom to share your child's work with them.
- If you have any children's magazines your child has finished with, we would be grateful if you could donate them for our guided reading carousel.
- Fair trade cafe- you are invited to come to our Reception Fair trade cafe on Monday 2nd March at 9.15 am-10am. The children will be able to sit with you and have a snack and drink at the cafe and will then sing a song before you head home. If you are unable to attend your child may bring in some money to buy something from the cafe. If you can arrange for another parent to sit with them that would be super.
- The children who required a hearing retest had it on Thursday. The Health team would be very grateful if you could fill in the questionnaire about their support in school. This has been emailed to you by the office. The deadline is 24th February.
- Next week we would like to make Chinese dragons we are looking for head sized boxes that aren't too thick to cut. The ideal boxes are the boxes you buy packs of A4 paper in. See the photos:
- Things to do...
- This week the children have been taught the phoneme 'f' and 'l'.
- Please remember to help your child learn their key words. It helps to stick them on post-its around the house to be read each time they walk past. You could also focus on a few and play snap or pairs with them.
In maths this week we have been focusing on addition again. The children completed four activities using Numicon, double sided counters, subitising patterns and Dienes. The children have recorded in a variety of ways including pictorially and using number sentences.
In guided writing we have been focusing on the children's fine motor control. They have all made a great deal of progress in writing their name and have improved their cutting skills.
In phonics the children have focused on the phonemes 'f'and 'l''. Please encourage your child to segment and blend the following words. They could then have a go at writing the words.
f: fat, fit, fin, fox, fish, frog
l:log, lips, leg, lit,
The children are enjoying 'Friendship time' on a Wednesday afternoon. During this time they are learning to play games, take turns and work together.
The Year R Team