Useful information and requests:
- Please could we remind you that if your child is sick they need to remain off school for 48 hours, as they are still contagious even if they seem better.
- If your child has a temperature please don't give them Calpol and send them in. If they have a temperature then they are fighting a virus and are not well enough to be at school.
- Things to do to support your child...
- The children have been learning about teen numbers. By the end of Reception they need to be able to work with numbers up to 20. The children have been using Numicon to represent the teen numbers. Choosing one ten and the correct ones tile.
- In phonics the children have focused on the digraphs: 'oa' 'ck' and trigraph 'igh' this week.
Thank you for attending parent consultations. It was good to catch up. Please remember that our door is always open if you have any concerns.
The children in Reception enjoyed a fabulous story telling session on Wednesday with Mrs Fantozzi from Drama Llamas.They were told the story of 'Super Samuel and his Magic Shoes' and they all took part in reenacting it.
In maths we have continued working with teen numbers this week. The children made their own number lines ordering the numerals 1-20 into a number line. They also made a number line using Numicon pieces.
In phonics this week the children have learnt the digraphs 'oa', 'ck', and the tri-graph 'igh'
ck: clock. back, pack, sock, tick-tock, lock
oa: goat, boat, soak, toad, loaf, coat, road
igh: night, sigh, high, light, bright, tights, fight
Here is the link to the way the sounds are pronounced:
articulation of phonemes
It has been lovely to get outside this week.
The Robins went to the ICT suite this week. They learnt to click and drag using the mouse.
The Year R team