Useful information and requests:
- Reception Christmas play dates: Wednesday 19th December at 9.15 or Thursday 20th December at 10.15.
- There will be a Celebration Assembly for Mrs Pattrick on Friday 21st December at 9.15am.
- Please send costumes in by 14th December.
- We are in need of more junk modelling materials please- egg boxes, cereal boxes, yogurt pots, tubes small boxes etc
- If you have any Amazon boxes with the logo on we would be grateful if we could have them for our Post Office.
- Things to do...
- Listen to your child read everyday. Morning time is best! Don't forget to read to your child.
- This week the children have continued phonics focusing on individual letter sounds. They have learnt the sounds 'k','e' and 'u'. See if your child can sound out and blend back the CVC words below.
Thank you for coming to the Christmas Fair. We hope that you had fun.
The children watched a clip about a visit to a Post Office. Post Office
They have been making Christmas cards and stamps and wrapping paper to sell in our Post Office role play area. The children made a postbox and started to collect things that a post office may need.
This week the children have completed lots of lovely Christmas activities. They have practised their cutting skills making spiral Christmas decorations with stars at the top. They have practised further by cutting out a star and have then wound ribbon around the star to make a decoration. They have made their own wrapping paper, printing patterns on it and they have made paper chains to decorate the classroom.
In maths this week we have focused on the number 10. The children have practised counting on to find out how many more they need to make 10. For example put 6 in your head and count on 7,8,9,10 (using fingers) I need 4 more to make 10. Some children would benefit from practising this at home. The children have counted baubles and tree and matched them to the correct numerals.
In woodland learning this week the children have learnt about natural and man made materials. They have made fantastic decorations using a range of materials.
We have also been practising the Christmas play. The children are doing really well with their singing. The children with lines would really benefit from practising to say their lines with a loud clear voice at home.
k- kid, king, kiss, kit, kick
e- pen, hen, bed, jet, peg, egg
u- cup, mug, bug,
Have a wonderful weekend!
The Year R Team